Friday, April 24, 2009

Slacker!!!

So I guess this just proves that I wont be able to update this daily! In my defense, it was my birthday this week! This year was really awesome because the boys knew that it was birthday (and not because I reminded them...I swear!). When I got out of bed that morning both of the boys were quietly, yes I did say quietly, sitting at the table making pictures. When Big Bigs was through he proudly walked in to my room and handed me this...

Hands down BEST birthday present EVER! Not only did he think of me, but he made it without anyone (Papa Bear) telling him too! He even spelled everything on his own, which lets admit is pretty impressive!!!

This same day we decided to head to Target for a little birthday shopping! While we were in line waiting to check out Little Bigs smiles at the woman in front of us and decides even though he isn't allowed to talk to strangers, she looks like a good candidate to break the rules on. Now if I recall correctly, the conversation went something like this...

Little Bigs: "Hi, I'm Isaac, this is Tre"

Woman: "Hi Isaac, how are you?"

Little Bigs: "Good, I got a truck, look" (shows her the truck)

Woman: "Thats really neat, I have a little boy and a little girl"

Big Bigs: "You do? Wow. How old are you?"

Woman: (chuckles) "How old do you think I am?"

Big Bigs: "I think you're 40!"

Woman: "NO, I'm 32, how old is your mommy?"

Big Bigs: "She is 26"

Silence. That was the end... this woman was clearly offended by the fact that my 4 year old thought that she was 40 years old! Now being a mother of a little boy you'd think that she would take it in stride, but nope, 40 was just a number she couldn't handle! So wherever you are Target Lady, I apologize! You dont look a day over 39!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.