Monday, May 4, 2009

Because I'm Thankful!

It's raining out today...one of many rainy days this week.

It's interesting how the rain makes you think, makes you sit down and relax and let your mind wander. For me personally, I've been thinking about how blessed I am. Every night when I sit down to watch the local news there's a child that's died, a family that's lost it all in a fire, another school shooting...depressing really. Then I turn on the computer and see a headline "Father kills wife, 2 kids and self", "Swine Flu" and so on. It's hard to find happiness online or on TV, but thankfully I'm able to find the blessing. The more I see and read, the more I realize that God is sovereign. Nothing happens without Him knowing, not a single sparrow falls, not a rain drop hits the ground, not a child going home to be with Him, nothing happens without God knowing. That, that brings me peace. The day to day life can be stressful and tiring. Parenting can be draining and overwhelming at times, but there's always a blessing.

I've learned to be thankful in all things! All things you say? Yes. All things. When I'm having an ongoing battle with my 4 year old because he wants to eat a hot pocket for breakfast, I'm thankful. When my 3 year cries when the wind blows for no reason, I'm thankful. When my husband forgets to take out the trash (again), I'm thankful. Your probably wondering by now what I could possibly be thankful for? I'm thankful because they're here, because they're healthy, because I have an opportunity to step back and appreciate them. The more I see on TV and on the computer, even other blogs, the more I'm thankful. I think to myself, my goodness, I bet there are moms out there that would give anything to have one more battle with their 4 year old. To hear their little one cry for no reason at all, but just to hear them again. To take out the trash because their husband forgot to and not because he's no longer here. I am blessed, and I don't take it for granted, not for a minute.

So today I'll turn off the TV and shut down the computer. I'll build a castle out of blocks, I'll make a police station with the Lego's, I'll cook grilled cheese sandwiches shaped like stars, I'll turn the Imagination Movers up nice and loud and pretend I can dance, I'll read Green Eggs and Ham, I'll color a picture and I will praise God...because I'm thankful! (did I mention I'll take out the trash)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.